Cayman Islands Real Estate Buying Guide
Tips for buying property in the Cayman Islands
- Think about how much you can afford; for many a mortgage is almost a lifelong commitment so work out your budget carefully before buying a house.
- For most people, buying a property will involve getting a mortgage; we can assist you because we have excellent relationships with banks in the Cayman Islands, so we can find the right bank for you.
- The next part is the fun part – finding the perfect property for you and your family. We can assist you with your house search.
- Think about the location – are you looking for a beautiful condo or apartment on the beach, a spacious family home inland, a smaller apartment nearer town?
- How much of a commute can you put up with? Do you need to be very close in proximity to schools? Do you want to be in the heart of the night life of Grand Cayman or further away seeking peace and quiet?
- Do you need to be on Grand Cayman at all or are you looking for even more peace and tranquility in the Sister islands of Cayman Brac or Little Cayman?
- Think about details such as the number of bedrooms and bathrooms your home needs to have, whether you need a garage to store your car, is a swimming pool and/or private garden vital, how about a stand-alone property versus a duplex or complex?
- When viewing property, make sure you speak with others in the neighbourhood, and ask about whether the property is under a Strata arrangement.
- When making an offer, we can take care of the negotiations on your behalf, but always remember to ensure you stick to your budget, no matter how much you love the property!
- We can assist you with the legal side of closing because we have excellent relationships with local attorneys on island who can take of the closing documentation.
- When moving day comes, we can assist you by providing a moving service.
- Relocating to the Cayman Islands from overseas? Let us help you with freight forwarding, immigration issues, accommodation when you first arrive if your home isn’t move-in ready – we can even assist with the relocation of your pets!